Sikshashree Scholarship | wb.gov.in
The Government of West Bengal State started a scheme to provide scholarships to the SC/ST students of classes V to VIII. This scholarship scheme’s name is Sikshashree Scholarship. As we all know, many students need encouragement and financial assistance to pursue higher education.
through this article, we will share all the important details regarding this scholarship. so if are interested in this scholarship then read this article till the end.
A new Shikshashree Scholarship Scheme has been launched to provide quality assistance to SC/ST day-scholar students of classes V to VIII in a seamless, transparent, and efficient manner. The Shiksha Shree scheme has been developed by merging the existing schemes of book grants and maintenance grants.
This scholarship will be available only to those students who belong to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe category and are permanent residents of the state of West Bengal. Shikshashree Scholarship is created to provide financial opportunities to those people who belong to the underprivileged society.
|Name of the Scholarship||Shikshashree Scholarship|
|Launched By||The Government of West Bengal|
The objective of the Sikshashree Scholarship
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the scheduled caste students studying in class V. To improve their participation in pre-matric stages and reduce the incidence of drop-out, especially in the case of girl students. Ex-Scholarship students of classes V-VIII belonging to the SC category enjoy two grants, namely a) aid in the form of a book grant and b) aid in the form of a maintenance grant.
The number of such grants was meager and did not serve the intended purpose. This scholarship is applicable for the scholars of West Bengal studying in classes V-VIII in any government, government-aided, and all government-recognized schools of West Bengal.
Benefits of the Sikshashree Scholarship
The following benefits will be provided under this scholarship:-
- A stipend of Rs 800 per annum will be provided to the selected applicant.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
The applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal State.
- The applicant must belong to the scheduled caste or the scheduled tribe category.
- The applicant must be studying in classes 5th to class 8th in government and government-aided schools.
- The annual family income of the student should not exceed Rs 2.5 lakhs.
- He/she should be a regular full-time student reading in a Government School/Government aided School and Govt. recognized schools in West Bengal.
- Only day scholars belonging to West Bengal can apply for this scholarship.
- The award once made will continue subject to subsequent application of the student up to class VIII and good conduct and attendance and otherwise being eligible.
- He/she should not get any other scholarship or stipend in any form for the same period.
- In case it is detected that the incumbent has drawn any amount of similar character from any other source this scholarship has to be refunded.
- He/she should be a holder of a bank account in a nationalized bank with a core banking facility.
- Scholarships for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, he/she would not get a scholarship for that class for a second year. However, if he or she is promoted to the next class subsequently he/she will enjoy the benefit provided the incumbent applicant is otherwise eligible.
What are the Important Documents?
- ID proof
- Cast Certificate
- Address proof
- Copy of mark sheet of previous year’s exam
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook copy
How to Apply?
To apply for this scheme, the applicant must follow the following application process:-
- Download the application form by clicking on the Application Form.
- After downloading, take a printout of the application form and fill the application form accordingly.
- Attested copies of all documents in support of claims for the scholarship are to be submitted along with this application.
- Original documents have to be produced for verification at the time of submission.
- The scholarship will be paid through a bank account only.
- These entrust officers will be named “Nodal Officer Sikshashree …………… School.” They will be responsible for the implementation of the Sikshashree Scheme in that school. Application forms should be printed by the P.O cum DWO/ DWO and supplied at the block level for availability at schools. However, forms can also use by copying, photo coping, typing, handwriting, or downloading from the official website of the BCW Department.