Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme | scholarships.gov.in | Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles last date |
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for CAPF and AR is an initiative of the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel. This scheme has further been extended for the dependent wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks.
In this article, we will share all important details related to this scheme like what is Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles, eligibility criteria, important documents, etc. so if you are interested in this scheme then you should read this article till the end.
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB) under the Ministry of Home Affairs has recently released the Guidelines for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for CAPFs and ARs 2022. PMSS for CAPFs and ARs is a functional scheme from the year 2006. Till the year 2019, this scheme was applicable only to the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles (ARs), but from 2019 it is also applicable to dependent wards of police personnel of Union Territories or States, who were martyred in Naxal/Terrorism attack. This scholarship provides a monthly benefit of up to ₹2500 for boys and up to ₹3000 for girls.
|Scholarship Scheme’s Name||Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme|
|Initiated By||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Dependent wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel, Dependent wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks|
Benefits of the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
The selected candidate will receive the scholarship in the following way –
- INR 3,000 per month for girls
- INR 2,500 per month for boys
Scholarship under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
- Children from Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles will compete for a total of 2000 scholarships which will be distributed equally among boys and girls.
- Wards of State Police personnel martyred in Naxal/terrorist attacks will get a total of 500 seats which will be equally distributed among male and female applicants.
Important Dates for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
|Last Date of Application||17/1/2023|
|Last Date for Defective Verification of the Application||31/1/2023|
|Last Date for Institute Verification of the Application||31/1/2023|
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPFs and AR personnel who died due to harness/election duty/ personnel in Government service/receipt of gallantry awards for ex-CAPFs and AR personnel OR
- Ward/widow of retired and serving CAPFs and AR Personnel (Personnel below Officer Rank) OR
- wards of state police personnel martyred during terrorist/Naxalite attacks
- Pursuing first professional degree program in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. Pharma, B.Sc. (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA, and MCA, etc. in an institution recognized by government regulatory bodies such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Must have secured a minimum of 60% mark in Minimum Entrance Qualification (MEQ) i.e. Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent (for fresh applicants).
- Have passed each subsequent academic year of professional courses with at least 50% marks (FOR RENEWAL)
NOTE- The candidates who could not submit their application on time for renewal will be given a grace year for the same.
What are the Important Documents?
- Service Certificate to be issued by the H.O.O
- Attested scanned copy of the mark sheet MEQ i.e. Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent with the following certificates
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for categories A to F)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for category B & D)
- Death Certificate (Mandatory for category A & C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for category E)
- A certificate issued by the State Govt. indicating that the state police personnel was killed in Terror/Naxal violence (mandatory)
Note- For detailed information about the categories, please refer to the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’ document which is given in pdf form below in the important links table.
How to Apply Online?
The steps given below have to be followed in order to apply successfully on the portal-
- First, visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, Click on the New Registration option.
- The instructions page will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details like name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the on “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the Application Form option
- The application form will open on your screen
- Enter all the details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted
How to Renewal Application?
- First, visit the official website of NSP.
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- Click on the Login option.
- Select the Renewal Login option along with the login year.
- Now the login form will open.
- Enter the application ID and password.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Now click on the login option.
- Now click on the scholarship renewal option.
- An application form will open on your screen.
- Provide all the details related to the application form.
- Upload the related document if any
- Check the details carefully before the final submission
- Now click on the submit option
|Online Application form (Register)||Click Here|
|Application Link (Log in)||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Download the Official Notification PDF||Click Here|
In the above article, we have given you complete information about this scholarship, yet if you want to ask any question related to this scholarship, then you can contact or mail on the number/E-mail given below.
- 0120 6619540
- [email protected]
Some of the Important FAQs
When is the last date for registering for the PMSS Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles 2022 scheme?
The last date for registering for the PMSS Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles 2022 is 30 Nov 2022.
Where can I apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles?
To apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles you need to register on the National Scholarship Portal.
How much scholarship amount can I get from the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles?
If you are a girl you can avail of up to 3000 Rupees per month and if you are a boy you can avail of up to 2500 Rupees a month by the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles.