PM SHRI Scheme is a new initiative of the Central Government to bring revolutionary change. It aims to build schools under the National Education Policy 2020 to provide high-quality education in an equitable, inclusive and joyful school environment.
On 5 September 2022, the Union Cabinet approved the PM Shree scheme. This scheme is totally in favor of the development of schools and in favor of progress. The scheme will work in perfect balance with the National Education Policy.
PM SHRI Scheme 2023
The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched this scheme. PM SHRI stands for PM School for Rising India. He had announced this scheme on the occasion of Teacher’s Day. The scheme will work in the right balance with the National Education Policy.
To keep up with the norms of the National Education Policy 2020, a total of 14,500 schools across the states and union territories of India will be strengthened and equipped with modern infrastructure, the latest teaching tools, and technology, smart classrooms, sports facilities, etc.
PM SHRI Scheme Overview
|Scheme’s Name||PM SHRI Scheme|
|Launched By||Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi|
|Approved By||Union Cabinet|
|No. of Schools to cover||14,500|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Implementation of PM SHRI Scheme
The implementation work of the scheme will start soon. Since this scheme is a Central Government effort, the Center will provide funds for the development and upgradation of most of the institutions. It is estimated that in the case of North Eastern States, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu and Kashmir, the Central Government may bear up to 90% of the expenditure required for the scheme.
The central government will contribute 60% of the funds for the development of the schools. The remaining funds will be provided by the respective states and union territories. The state and central governments will come together to make a difference in the infrastructure and learning concepts of each of the 14,500 schools that will be affected by the scheme.
Benefits & Key Features of PM SHRI Scheme
PM Shree aims at qualitative teaching, learning, and cognitive development as well as creating holistic and all-around individuals with the latest skills and competencies. And to fulfill these goals the key features of PM Shree Yojana are as follows:
- As per the vision of NEP 2020, PM SHRI will deliver an excellent education in a holistic environment.
- The study module will focus on the diverse background, multilingual needs, and different academic abilities of children and participants.
- PM SHRI Schools will also mentor other existing schools in respective regions to spread the NEP Policy at a larger level.
- The PM SHRI Schools will incorporate environment-friendly tools along with being technology-driven.
Students here will be the leaders of tomorrow to protect and conserve the environment promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
- The method of teaching adopted in these schools will be more practical, holistic, integrated, play/toy-based, inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible, and enjoyable.
- Assessment for children at all levels will be based on conceptual understanding and application of knowledge in real-life situations and will be competency-based in each class.
- There will be a regular evaluation of available resources and their effectiveness.
- The evaluation criteria will be based on availability, adequacy, suitability, and performance.
- A School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) to ensure desired standards.
- The PM Shree scheme will also cater to internships by collaborating with Sector Skill Councils and local industry.
- This will increase employment potential by providing better employment opportunities.
- As PM SHRI is set to be sponsored by the Centre, 60 percent of the cost of policy implementation will be borne by the government. Whereas, the remaining 40 percent will be contributed by the state or UT.
- On the other hand, for regions like Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, and the northeast, the Centre government can grant up to 90 percent for the implementation of the PM SHRI scheme.
The selection process for schools to be enrolled under PM SHRI Scheme?
The newly launched PM SHRI for Schools will be executed through ‘Challenge Mode’. The online portal for registration of schools will be opened four times a year once every quarter for the first two years of the scheme.
Below are the steps for schools to become a part of PM SHRI:
- States/UTs will sign MoU with an agreement to exercise NEP in its entirety with the Centre to receive assurance as PM SHRI schools.
- The online registered schools qualifying for the UDISE+ data will be further identified for benefits of the PM SHRI Scheme.
- A physical examination by States/KVS/JNV will be conducted to keep a check on all the criteria before completing the process.
Some Important FAQs
When was PM SHRI Scheme announced?
The PM Shri Scheme was announced on 5 September 2022 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
What is the full form of PM-SHRI?
The full form of PM-SHRI is Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India.
How many schools will be benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India Scheme?
A total of 14,500 across the nation will benefit from the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India Scheme.
Is PM SHRI related to National Education Policy?
Yes, the development and degradation of the Schools under the PM SHRI scheme will proceed in a manner that the institutions support and are able to function according to the requirements of National Education Policy NEP 2022.