PM Scholarship Scheme | PM Scholarship Scheme 2022
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/ RPSF is provided every year with an aim to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer). This scholarship covers a lot of professional courses including BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B. Pharma, etc.
In this article, we are going to share all the important details related to the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/ RPSF. Interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill out and submit the application form through online mode.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022
The Prime Minister of India launched a new scholarship scheme exclusively available for dependent children of ex/serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the rank of Gazetted Officer). This new scholarship scheme will be available from 16th August 2021 and applicants are advised to apply for this scholarship before the last date of 31st October 2022. You can easily apply for this scholarship by visiting the National Scholarship Portal offered by the Central Government of India.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Overview
|Scholarship scheme Name||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2022|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Beneficiary||Dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows|
|Official Website||Click Here|
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Benefits
The following benefits will be provided to the selected candidates in this scholarship-:
- The amount of the scholarship will be as follows:
- 2000/- per month for male students
- 2250/- per month for girl students
- The scholarship is paid every year in the order of merit after the approval of DG/RPF.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Eligibility
- Students taking regular admission in 2022-23 are only eligible for PMSS 2022-23.
- Students must have secured 60% and above in Minimum Entrance Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Class, Diploma/Graduation.
- The minimum education qualification is different for different courses as given below.
- MBBS – 12th class
- BE, B.Tech – 12th or Diploma (in case of Lateral Entry)
- BBA, BCA, B.Sc. (AG) etc – 12th class
- MBA, B.Ed., MCA – Bachelor’s Degree
- BA LLB/BBA LLB/BSc LLB/B.Com LLB (5 years integrated course only) – 12th class
- The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the concerned Zonal Railways/RPSF along with the beneficiaries.
- Colleges/Institutes/Universities Eligible: Only Institutions/Universities/Colleges having AISHE norms will be allowed.
Courses Eligible for the PM Scholarship Scheme 2022
Professional degree courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B.Pharma, etc. are duly recognized by the respective government regulatory bodies, such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), etc. (Master degree courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA). A detailed list of courses is attached as Annexure-I. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance education courses are allowed under this scheme. PMSS can be availed for only one course.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Different Categories of Students
- 1st category: Wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died in harness due to causes attributed to encounters with terrorists or with criminals while protecting Railway Property, Passengers, and Passenger areas or those who die during election work.
- 2nd category: Wards/Widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel who died while in service.
- 3rd category: Wards of ex-RPF/ RPSF (retired) personnel.
- 4th category: Wards of serving RPF/RPSF personnel
The following documents are required to avail this scholarship-:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV
- A copy of the PPO/Discharge certificate/book for Categories I, II, and III
- Applicants are required to upload a duly attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of MEQ i.e. 10+2/ Diploma/Graduation (as applicable).
Application Process For PM Scholarship Scheme
To apply for the scholarship you need to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Firstly visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- The home page will appear on your screen.
- Now click on the New Registration option on the homepage
- A new web page will be displayed on your system screen
- You must read all the terms and conditions carefully.
- After reading the terms and conditions, tick all the declaration boxes
- Now click on the Continue option
- A Registration Form will appear in front of you
- Now fill in all the details that are asked in the form
- After completing the above process click on the Register option.
- In this way, you can easily apply under the scholarship scheme.
- Firstly go to the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal
- The homepage of the website will appear on your screen.
- Now go to the login option from the homepage.
- Select the renewal login option with login year.
- A new login page will open on your screen.
- Enter the login details in the application page.
- Now click on the login option.
- After that, the scholarship renewal form will open.
- Enter all the details to fill out the application form.
- Upload relevant documents if any.
- Check the details carefully before the final submission.
- In this way, you can successfully apply for the scholarship renewal.
PM Scholarship Scheme Beneficiary List
- Firstly visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal
- The homepage of the website will appear on your screen.
- Now go to the registration option from the homepage.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Now click on the Scheme-wise Scholarship Sanctioned List option.
- A new page will open with the application form.
- Enter the required details in the application form.
- Now click on submit option.
- The list will appear on your screen.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2022 Official Notification PDF- CLICK HERE