PAN Card | How To Apply For PAN Card | PAN Card Status |
We all know how important is PAN card in today’s life. The government of India has issued a notice to link the PAN card to the bank account. It is an important document that serves as an identity and address proof. Today in this article we will provide the complete details about the PAN Card such as eligibility, documents required, check application status, how to apply for it, etc so that it will be easier for you guys to understand and apply for the scheme so be with us till the end of the article.
The PAN card also called Permanent Account Number, was introduced in the year 1989 by the Indian government as identity proof for tax purposes. It can also serve as proof of address, age, and nationality of a person. Government has mandatory Pan cards in various places such as it is mandatory to link PAN card bank accounts, without PAN cards it becomes difficult for one to get jobs, etc.
It is issued by the Income Tax Department to all Indian citizens and entities. It has a 10-digit unique alphanumeric number that is issued by the Income Tax Department to all Indian citizens and entities. One can apply for it online through the NSDL Portal and UTIITSL website or they can apply offline from any of their regional offices. The application process usually takes 1-2 weeks to complete but one can get an interim PAN with a longer validity period while waiting for the final one.
|Permanent Account Number (PAN) Highlight|
|About||(PAN) Permanent Account Number|
|Concerned Department||Income Tax Department|
|Objective||To use a universal identification key to track financial transactions that may have a taxable component to prevent tax evasion.|
|Beneficiary||Residents Of India.|
|Official Website||Click Here|
- The objective of a PAN card is to identify taxpayers uniquely while filing their income tax returns and to facilitate the process of collecting taxes.
- It is mandatory for all Indian citizens to have a PAN card before they can invest in shares, mutual funds, or insurance policies.
- Indian citizens can apply for a PAN card.
- The age of the applicant must be 18 years and above.
- Aadhar card with the updated KYC.
- Mobile Number.
- 2 passport size photographs
- For NRI, you have to submit Form 49A or 49AA.
- For NRI: photocopy of passport, a copy of your PIO or OCI card, an overseas address proof, and a copy of your overseas bank statement
How To Apply For PAN Card?
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of NSDL.
- Then select the Application type – New PAN for Indian citizens, foreign citizens, or for change or correction in existing PAN data/ reprint of PAn card.
- Select your category.
- Then fill in all the details asked in the application form such as name, date of birth, email, mobile number, etc, and click on submit.
- On submitting the form, you will get a message about the next step.
- Then click on the continue with PAN application form.
- Now you will be redirected to the new page where you have to submit your digital e-KYC.
- Then select if you need a physical PAN card or not and submit the last four digits of your Aadhaar number.
- Fill in your personal details, contact and other details in the next part of the form
- Then enter your area code, AO Type, and other details in this part of the form.
- Now you have to submit the document asked in the application form.
- Enter the first 8 digits of your PAN card to submit the application.
- Now a completely filled form will open on your screen. Click Proceed if the form does not need any modification
- Then select the e-KYC option to verify using Aadhaar OTP. For Identity, Address proof, and Date of Birth, select Aadhaar in all fields and click on Proceed to continue.
- Then you will be redirected to the payment section, you can pay through net banking/debit/credit card or demand draft.
- After payment a payment receipt will be generated, click on Continue.
- Now for Aadhaar authentication, tick the declaration and select the option “Authentication”.
- Click on “Continue with e-KYC”.
- Now an OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and submit the form.
- Now click on “Continue with e-Sign”
- Then you will have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Enter OTP and click on submit t
- Now you will get the Acknowledgement slip in pdf having your date of birth as the password in DDMMYYYY format.
How To Track Application Status?
- Visit the official website of NSDL.
- Click on the Track Pan Card.
- Now enter the application coupon numbers, Pan number, Date of Birth /Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons.
- Click on Submit.
- Now application status will be displayed on your screen.
How To Apply For Change/Correction In PAN Card?
- You have to visit the official website of the NSDL.
- On the home page, you have to click on change/correction in the PAN card.
- Now a form will be open on your screen.
- Fill in all the details asked in the form and click on Submit.
- Pay the fees and then take the printout of acknowledgment and send it to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited office by post and email the documents (identity proof, address proof, and proof of date of birth).
- You have to choose the digital or paperless mode to make the correction or changes to your PAN Card.
- Now you have successfully applied for the change/correction in the pan.
Note- How did you like the information given by us, comment in the comment box. For any kind of information related to application form pdf, stay connected to our website applicationformonline.in. Thank You