Nipun Bharat Mission | education.gov.in
For a nation, development in the field of education is the most important development. The Government of India also launched a new education policy to further promote the education sector. Many changes were made in the field of education, and the Government of India is making various efforts for the successful implementation of the new education policy.
Under these efforts, the Skilled India Scheme (Nipun Bharat Yojana) has been started by the Government of India. Through this, the scheme aims to spread the knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy to the students. We will share all the important details regarding Nipun Bharat Mission. If you also want to know more about this mission then read this article till the end.
Nipun Bharat Mission
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been launched by the Ministry of Education on 5th July. The full name of this scheme is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. An enabling environment will be created through Nipun Bharat Mission.
Through this, the knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy can be imparted to the students. Through the Nipun scheme, every child will be able to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic by the end of third grade by 2026-27. The scheme will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
This NIPUN Bharat Mission school education program will be a part of Samagra Shiksha. For the implementation of this scheme, 5 feminine systems will be established in all the states and union territories. This 5-tier system will be operated at the National-State-District-Block-School level. This scheme has been launched for the successful implementation of the National Education Policy.
|Scheme Name||Nipun Bharat Mission|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education|
Implementation of Nipun Bharat Mission
To achieve the target of the Dexter Bharat Yojana by the year 2026-27, different targets will be set at the state levels. The progress of all these schemes will be monitored by the nodal department. Apart from this, financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under Samagra Shiksha to implement this scheme.
Plans for preparing plans for achieving their goals by states and central independent territories. So that the target of originality and numeracy can be achieved by the year 2026-27. The activities of this scheme will be monitored through resources-based resources at the national level, state level, and district levels.
At which field level monitoring of children will also be included. Apart from this, the board of directors spread under this scheme is divided into two types. Which are annual monitoring surveys and concurrent monitoring.
The objective of the Nipun Bharat Mission
The main objective of the Nipun Bharat Mission is to develop basic literacy and numeracy knowledge among the students. Through this scheme, by the end of third grade by the year 2026-27, the student will get the ability to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic. This scheme will prove to be very effective for the development of children.
Through the Nipun Bharat Mission, children will now be able to acquire basic literacy and numeracy knowledge in time. So that their mental and physical development will happen. Nipun Bharat Mission will be conducted by the Department of Education and Literacy.
This scheme will be a part of the school education program Samagra Shiksha. This scheme has been started under the new education policy. Through the Nipun Bharat Yojana, children will also be able to understand the logic of numbers, measurement, and shape area.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Pedagogical Approaches for Improving Foundational Literacy and Numeracy of Students
Focus on student learning:-
There are many students in our country who are first-generation learners. It is difficult for all such students to get an education. Because they do not get the environment of education at home. That is why teachers need to pay extra attention to the students. It is necessary to pay attention to the following things while imparting education to the teacher.
- Show respect and reasonable expectations from boys and girls.
- Selecting gender-free books, pictures, posters, toys, etc.
- Teachers should not try to make gender-biased statements while talking in the classroom.
- Selecting stories and poems in which girls and boys are presented in normal roles.
- Encouraging the learners to follow their interests.
The school plays a very important role in ensuring the quality and equity of education. To send the student to school, the student should have minimum skills and knowledge. A 3-month school preparation module has been kept under the National Education Policy. Through this children will be able to get preschool education and will also be able to prepare themselves for going to school.
Assessment of Learning:
Different types of new things are learned by the student through education. Due to this, the physical and mental development of children takes place. Assessment is done to assess this development. So that the success of the student can be tracked. A variety of techniques are used to make this assessment.
So that the interests and preferences of the student can be identified. Apart from this, by assessing the performance of children, they can be prepared through intervention and it can also be ensured that children are not facing any difficulty in learning by identifying such difficulties, those difficulties can be removed.
Part of the Nipun Bharat Mission
Nipun Bharat Mission has been divided into 17 parts by the government. This part is something like this:-
- Understanding Basic Language and Literacy
- Basic Numeracy and Maths Skills
- Shifting to Competency-Based Education
- Education and Learning: A focus on children’s potential and development
- Learning assessment
- Teaching-learning Process: Role of Teacher
- Preparing for school
- National Mission: Aspects and Approaches
- Mission strategic plan
- Role of various stakeholders in mission implementation
- Academic literature through SCERT and DIET
- DIKSHA/NDEAR: Leveraging: A Repository of Digital Resources
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
- Mission Stability
- Need for Research, Evaluation, and Documentation
Introduction to Nipun Bharat Mission Scheme
This scheme has been started by the government for the successful implementation of the National Education Policy. Through this scheme, attention will be paid to basic literacy and numeracy. So that by the year 2026-27, every child can get the ability to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic by the end of third grade.
For the implementation of the Nipun Bharat Mission, a 5-tier system will be set up in all the states and union territories. This 5 feminine system will be operated at the International-State-District-BlockZSchool level. This scheme will be operated by the Ministry of Education. The full name of Nipun Yojana is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.
National Perspective of Skilled India Scheme
- Pay attention to a lot of education
- Focus on the quality of education
- Focus on the magnitude of children’s learning
- Measuring Achievement of Learning Dimensions
National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
To maintain the quality of education and to achieve the target of basic literacy, it has been decided to set up a National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy under the National Education Policy and Antarmanirbhar Bharat Campaign. The objective of this mission will be achieved by 2026-27.
Through this, every child will be provided with foundational literacy and numeracy knowledge by the end of grade 3. Every effort will be made to achieve this national goal at all district levels. Children in the age group of 3 years to 9 years will be included in this mission. This mission will be operated under Samagra Shiksha.
Understanding Basic Language and Literacy
It is very important for children to have a basic language and literacy understanding. Through this, he will be able to get a better education in the future. A survey was conducted by NCERT. It was found that children are not able to read the text with understanding even after getting an education till fifth grade.
Keeping this in mind, it has been decided to focus on basic language and understanding literacy under Niparna Bharat Yojana. So that children can understand and get an education in the coming time. The quality of education will also improve through this scheme.
Theory Language and Literacy Need
- To develop a strong foundation of language, literacy, and mathematical skills in the early years to enable them to pursue a better education in the future.
- Early literacy development has a very important role in the brain development of students.
- As part of the Mathura Pilot Project findings, after providing foundational language and literacy to students, children could read with comprehension.
- 85% of children’s brain development takes place by the age of 6, due to which it is very important to provide them with early basic language and literacy.
Early Language and Literacy
Language is more than just speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Through language, a person can communicate and think to make sense of the world. It is very important for the students to have an understanding of the language at the initial level. To understand the language it is important to understand the following part.
- Reading and Writing Comprehension
- Concept of Writing in Class
- To develop writing skills during the early education period through emergent writing, conventional writing, and writing composition
Major Components of Theory Language and Literacy
- Oral Language Development
- Reading Comprehension
- Concept about Print
- Awareness through DHA-VANI
- Reading Effect
- Reading Culture
Some Important Steps to Enhance Language and Literacy Development
- Creating a Print Enrichment Environment
- Read aloud
- Listening, Telling, and Writing stories and poems
- Song and Rhymes
- Experience sharing
- Drama and Roleplay
- Picture reading
- Share trading
- Using classroom walls
- Experiential writing
- Mid-day meal
Basic Numeracy and Math skills
Basic numeracy and mathematics skills refer to the ability to reason and apply numeracy concepts to solve problems in everyday life. Number sense and spatial understanding develop in the students when they acquire the following skills.
- Understanding of Quantities.
- To develop an understanding of less or more and smaller or bigger.
- Ability to establish relationships between a single object and a group of objects.
- Using copies to represent quantities.
- Comparing numbers etc.
Elementary math skills required
- To develop logical thinking and reasoning in daily life
- Use of numbers and spatial understanding in daily life
- The importance of mathematical foundations during the early years
- Contribution of basic numeracy in employment and at the household level
Major Components of Elementary Mathematics
- Free number concepts
- Number and operation on a number
- Shape and spatial understanding
- Data retention
- Mathematical communication
The pedagogical process to enhance basic mathematical skills
- Collaborative learning
- Understanding children’s mistakes
- Enjoy maths
- Communicating mathematically
- Linking maths with other subjects
- Integrating maths with daily life etc.
Shifting to Competency-Based Education
Competency-based learning is the statement describing knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Through competency-based transfer, the student learns at the end of a particular assignment, class, course, or program how the skills they acquired will benefit them.
Competencies can be created through a combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values that prove useful in developing students. Through competency-based education, those basic competencies can be acquired which can be measured through the quantification of learning.
Features of Competency-Based Education
- Competency-based education will provide unique experiences to the children.
- Clear and measurable amounts of learning can be achieved through competency-based education.
- In competency-based education, it is through formative assessment that it is found out where the student is having difficulty in achieving an education.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving approach can also be developed through competency-based education.
Education and Learning: A focus on children’s potential and development
The child takes into account preferences and preferences to learn about the environment around him. Therefore it is very important that they are provided with rich experiences through well-planned activities at the age of 3 to 9 years. Which develops communication support, critical thinking, problem-solving, and about their society.
Scheduled castes should be developed keeping children in mind. It should be recorded that it should include numeracy, social sense, language, literacy, attitude, and creativity development aspects.
Key Aspects and Components of the Teaching and Learning Process
- Learning environment.
- Planning in advance.
- Methodology for adopting age and developmentally-appropriate educational practices.
- Suggestions for the Achievement of Learning Family Pedagogical Process.
- Academic practice
- Planning activities
- Enabling environment provided by the teachers
- Various learning facilities
Skilled India Mission: Teaching Learning Material (in the local context)
A variety of toys, games, and other educational play materials can be used by teachers to develop children’s learning abilities. All these toys will be kept on accessible open shelves. So that children can easily learn through these toys. Every class should have a mini library.
The toys and educational games will be developed by the teacher according to developmental concepts and the teachers will plan their monthly, weekly, and daily reading using indigenous toys and materials.
Linkage of FLY-1 and FLY-6
- Foundational literacy and numeracy activities will be integrated with the learning volume.
- Each level will be followed by basic learning resources.
- Teachers will be made skilled in using evaluation techniques.
- Education will be improved by using different types of techniques.
Through assessment, information is collected from all possible sources related to children. Such as children’s knowledge skills, attitudes, abilities, and beliefs. This information is used to enhance the learning abilities of the children. Through assessment, teachers also get help in understanding the nature of the children.
Teachers get to know how they can extend the learning potential of the children. Apart from this, it can also be ascertained which subjects the children are good and information related to their skills can also be obtained through learning assessment.
Evaluation during the Foundational Years
- School-Based Assessment
- Large-Scale Achievement Survey
In School Based Assessment, the teacher himself prepares the assessment tasks. State and national level examinations cannot be taken in place of school-based assessment. School-based assessments are conducted every year and multiple times a year.
Due to this, the decision is taken to send the students to the next class. If a student does not get passing marks in a class, he/she is not promoted to the next class. The government has decided to make school-based assessments stress-free. Different types of techniques will be used to conduct the school-based assessment.
The goal of a School-Based Essay
- Children’s Health
- Physical Development
- Exercise and Sports
- Aspects of Cleanliness
- Arranging Things, Toys, etc.
- The social and emotional development of children etc.
- Making Children Effective Communicators
- Under School-Based Assessment, Make the Mother Tongue of the children the language of the communicator so that they can put their point in front of the communicator.
- Deputy Commissioner for Language and Basic Literacy Performance
- Development of a Sense of humor
- Value non-verbal communication
- Making Children Involved Learners
- Encourage the making of stories
- Giving different types of projects and tasks to the children
- Provide an opportunity to understand the physical environment
- Creation of audio-visual tools for assessment
- Development of question bank etc.
Teaching Learning Process: Role of Teacher
Teachers play a very important role in the lives of students. Good education is provided to the children by the teachers. So that their future is made. Keeping this in mind, the role of teachers has also been emphasized under the new education policy.
Various types of changes have been suggested by the teachers to bring changes in their nature. So that he can understand the children better. Apart from this, many types of technology have been described in the new education policy. Through this teachers will be able to understand the children and provide them with a better education. Children are motivated by the teachers and they are also provided guidance.
Capacity Building of Teachers
- Through counseling in the early years
- Through elementary arithmetic
- Through the Society of Basic Learners
- Through early language and literacy
- Through assessment in the early years
- Promoting the role of parents and community in foundational literacy and numeracy etc.
- Identifying children with special needs in the early years
Aspects and Approaches
The National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy aims to provide universal basic literacy and numeracy education to students up to class III by the year 2026-27. So that children can be proficient in reading, writing, and arithmetic at grade level. This scheme will be operated at the state level.
Through this mission, all the children from 3 years to 9 years will be provided basic literacy and numeracy knowledge up to the third standard. Every child will be provided with a good environment so that they can get the best education. This mission will be operated under the National Education Policy.
Administrative transmission of Nipun Bharat Mission
National Mission:- Department of School Education and Literacy and the Ministry of Education will run this scheme at the state level. Many types of work will be done under the National Mission such as making a strategy document of the mission, making a framework, preparing a learning matrix, identifying learning gaps, increasing the capacity of teachers, etc.
State Mission:- State Mission will be operated under this scheme under the Department of School Education. For which 1 State Steering Committee will be constituted. This committee will be headed by the secretary. The implementation process will be approved by this committee to operate this scheme at the state level.
District Mission:- A District Steering Committee will be constituted for the operation of this scheme. Which will be headed by the District Magistrate or Deputy Commissioner. The members of this committee will be the CEO, Zilla Parishad, District Education Officer, District Officer for Health, Panchayati Raj Social Welfare Officer, etc. The District Steering Committee will prepare a plan to operate this scheme at the district level.
Block/Cluster Level Mission:- The completed scheme will be implemented at the block level as well. The guidance and support of this scheme will be provided by the Block Education Officer and Block Resource Person. Apart from this, the success of this scheme will be monitored by the Block Officer.
School Management Committee and Community Participation:- The last level of administrative operation for the implementation of the completed plan is the School Management Committee and Community Participation. The scheme will be implemented by spreading awareness at the school and community levels. So that the parents of the children, education, and the entire school management can run this scheme successfully.
Stakeholders of the Nipun Bharat Mission Scheme
- States and Union Territories
- National Council of Educational Research and Training
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- State Council of Educational Research and Training
- District Institute Of Education And Training
- District Education Officer and Block Education Officer
- Block Resource Center and Cluster Resource Center
- Head Teacher
- Non-government organization
- Civil society organizations
- School management committee
- Community and parents
- Private school
Nipun Bharat Mission: Academic Support through SCERTs and DIETs
Under the FLN mission, the responsibility of developing the teacher training module will be taken up by SCERT. Apart from this, all teacher training modules will be made available in the local language. Some other learning material will be made available for classes 1 to 5 which will be joyful and enjoyable for the children.
On the other hand, each DIET will develop an academic resource pool consisting of teachers from education departments of universities, district education planners, and faculty. Many other steps will be taken under this scheme through which educational assistance will be provided.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Diksha Digital Content
The Diksha portal has also been started under Nipun Bharat Mission. E-content will be made available through the Diksha portal. Which will be in the local language. This e-content will be available to both teachers and students. The content available on the DIKSHA portal will be prepared by NCERT.
Many types of teacher training institutes for teachers will also be available on the Diksha platform. Such as training modules, support material for training sessions, videos, reading resources, teacher manuals, etc. The Diksha platform can also be operated through the app. The Diksha app will soon be launched by the Education Department on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Using the Diksha Platform
- Define Training objectives
- Take advantage of available contacts
- Onboarding of teachers
- Providing training to State Support Teams
- Communications & Outreach
Digital Content for Literacy
Basic literacy can be achieved using the following types of content on the Diksha platform.
- Reading with Typing
- Through Grammar Question Bank
- Reading comprehension
- Availability of children’s literature
Nipun Bharat Mission: Parent and Community Engagement
Parents and the whole community will have a very important role in the successful implementation of the Nipun Bharat Mission. Children are at home about 80% of the time. In such a situation, the learning ability of children develops more at home than at school. Efforts will be made by the schools to connect the parents of the children with the education of the children.
Various steps will be taken for this. Such as organizing different types of programs in school in which parents are called, connecting parents with children’s education through email, WhatsApp, etc., and giving home assignments to children so that parents can get this information from time to time. But it will continue to be received that what the children are studying, how they are studying etc.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Different Ways to Connect Family and Community
- Conducting a variety of programs
- Parent Teacher Meeting
- Regular activities can also be done in the community
- Workshop on parenting
- Sending parents frequent updates about school activities and the child’s progress.
- Giving Assignments
- Providing information about children’s progress to parents through email, Whatsapp, etc.
Skilled India Mission: Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
To achieve the target of the Nipun Bharat Mission by the year 2026-27, different targets will be set at the state level. The progress of all these targets will be monitored by the nodal department. Apart from this, financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under overall education for the implementation of this scheme.
Plans will be made by the states and union territories to achieve their targets. So that the target of basic literacy and numeracy can be achieved by the year 2026-27. The activities of this scheme will be monitored through IT-based resources at the national level, state level, and district levels.
Which will also include monitoring of children at the field level. Further, the monitoring framework proposed under this scheme is divided into two types. Which are annual monitoring surveys and concurrent monitoring.
Nipun Bharat Mission: Need for Research, Evaluation, and Documentation
Research, Evaluation, and Documentation play a major role in the implementation of the plan. Through research, it is known what kind of efforts have to be made to improve education. Through evaluation, it is known how successful the steps taken for the implementation of the plan are and through documentation, all the evidence is recorded.
Research, evaluation, and documentation are integral parts of the Nipun Bharat Mission. Research and evaluation can be done at the national, state, district, block, and school levels, for which different types of techniques can be used such as action research, process evaluation, impact evaluation, etc.
Some Important FAQs Answer
What is the Nipun Bharat mission?
The full form of the NIPUN Bharat Programme is the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy Bharat Programme. It has been launched under the aegis of the centrally sponsored Samagra Shiksha Scheme.
What are the three major goals of Nipun Bharat?
Competency-Based Education, DEVELOPMENTAL, development like: physical and motor development • socio-emotional development literacy and numeracy development • cognitive development, spiritual and moral development ⚫ art and aesthetic development which are interrelated and interdependent.
Who invented Nipun?
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Monday launched the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN Bharat) for ensuring that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of grade 3, by 2026-27.
When was Nipun Bharat Mission started?
The NIPUN Bharat National Mission for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy was launched on 05.07. 2021. The Mission aims to achieve the goal of universal proficiency in foundational literacy and numeracy for every child by grade 3, as envisaged by National Education Policy 2020.