Kerala Patent Support Scheme | startupmission.kerala.gov.in |
The Government of Kerala has launched a scheme called the Kerala Patent Support Scheme through the Kerala Startup Mission, where support is provided for startups and student entrepreneurs who are able to obtain patents. Through the KSUM scheme, entrepreneurs and student innovators who are eligible to participate can submit their applications online. Every day, registration will be available.
The applications submitted before the 20th of each month will be processed within the same month; However, applications received after 20th will be taken forward to handle by next month. In this article, we will share all the important aspects regarding it. if you want to know all the information about this scheme then read this article till the end.
Kerala Patent Support Scheme
The Patent Support System is primarily intended for participants who are residents of Kerala. The new program aims to support startup entrepreneurs and student entrepreneurs by reimbursing patent costs including consultancy fees, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 2 lakh per Indian patent awarded.
For foreign patents granted on a single subject Rs. 10 lakh will be reimbursed. Reimbursement will be done in 3 stages Filing, Prosecution, and Award.
|Scheme Name||Kerala Patent Support Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Kerala|
The objectives of the Kerala Patent Support Scheme
In an effort to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in the state, a Kerala Patent Support Program has been announced by the Kerala state government to reimburse the cost incurred by startups and students to obtain national and international patents for their inventions.
The move is part of a wider initiative to foster a culture of innovation and creative problem-solving in Kerala. The scheme, which will cover all patent applications filed through registered patent attorneys after November 9, 2015, intends to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation by utilizing the great facilities and support available in the state.
Kerala Citizen Service Portal: Certificate Apply, Download
The Benefits of the Kerala Patent Support Scheme
- The first and foremost advantage of the scheme is that it offers Rs. 2 lakh for each Indian patent and Rs. 10 lakh for each International Patent.
- The provisional patent filing, patent search, drafting, and filing, claim preparation, fast-tracking fees, claim prosecution, and granting activities of prosecution with appellate authorities who have already rejected your claim due to valid reasons are not covered under this service There are Nor are patent renewals.
- The only type of intellectual property right supported under the plan is patents, not copyrights, trademarks, or anything else.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
- Only patent applications filed after November 9, 2015, will be considered.
- The new company will have to be registered in Kerala within ten years from the date of incorporation and must have both DIPP and Udyog Aadhaar numbers.
- In the case of a new business, the proprietary or limited liability partnership form of legal structure should be used.
- Student entrepreneurs can apply for patent funding directly through their IEDC if they meet the requirements.
- Only students who are actively pursuing their academic goals will be eligible to receive financial aid.
- The program does not provide financial assistance for patent renewals.
- The program does not pay for legal actions against judicial review authorities that have ruled against an individual’s patent claims in the past.
- Innovators are excluded from the programs.
What are the Important Documents?
Documents for Startups
- Documents for starting a business
- Details about proof of residence
- Original invoice and receipt in paper form.
- A copy of the assigning and assignor agreement, if there is one.
- Copy of the certificate for a provisional patent.
- A short summary of the ideas or claims that are being patented.
- If you get a patent, you will get a patent certificate.
- Original Bank Statement that shows how much was sent.
- Changes, copies of the patent application, early publication, early review, and early publication.
- If the original inventor gives technology to the startup, the startup needs a NOC from the original inventor to cover the cost of the patent.
- If the patent is filed before the company is formed or registered, the costs of the patent are paid back to startups that use the filed patent idea or technology to build their business.
Documents for Students
- The project’s future ambitions.
- Details of Residence Proof.
- A letter from the college, signed by the principal or another person of similar authority, attesting that the applicant is presently enrolled at the school.
- An original hard copy of the invoice and receipt for the consultation fees, and IPR fees with the seal and signature of IPR India.
- The original bank statement, which includes the money transfer statement attested.
- A letter of recommendation from the IEDC attesting to the project’s validity.
- A concise summary of the patent-applicable concepts or claims A copy of the provisional patent certificate if any.
- Patent certificate, in the event, that a patent is obtained.
- Copies of the patent application, early publication, early examination, amendments to the original application, or a receipt from IPR.
How to Apply Online?
Follow the steps given below to register-:
- First, visit the Official Website.
- Click on apply here option
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You will be prompted to log in with KSUM, Startup India.
- After successfully logging in, a form will open on your screen.
- Now enter all details asked in this form.
- Finally, click the submit button to complete the process.
Most Important FAQs
What is Kerala’s Start-up Mission?
Kerala Startup Mission is the nodal agency to promote Startups in the State under the Department of Electronics & IT, Government of Kerala. The State Government is to implement the programs and schemes laid out in the Technology Startup Policy of Kerala.
What does Kerala’s startup mission offer?
KSUM provides pre-incubation, incubation, and acceleration facilities for startups. KSUM also provides the right mentorship to take the startup to the next level. Industry connects, Funding, Technical guidance, Startup Support, International Exposure, Patent Support, Innovation Grants, Seed funding, etc are provided by Kerala Startup Mission. There are MIT Fab labs to support digital Fabrication, and Future Technology Labs to promote future technologies like AI, AR, ML, BCI, VR, Robotics, etc. where the startups can make use of it for developing their prototype.
Where is the startup mission located?
KSUM has 5 offices in Kerala – Trivandrum, Cochin, Palakkad, Calicut, and Kasargod.
What is the Nodal Institution?
Nodal institutions is the agency designated by the Government of Kerala for supporting startups as well as to create a startup ecosystem in the state. Kerala Startup Mission is the nodal institution for the state of Kerala.