Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 has been launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC). This is a Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region (NER) students. This scholarship is for the students of the Economically Weaker Section of NER to make sure that they can carry on with their higher education.
if you are interested then you should read this article till the end as we are going to share all the details regarding this scholarship like eligibility criteria, important documents, awards, etc.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission have taken special interest with regard to the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from the academic session 2014-15. Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide-ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region, the North EasternCouncil, Shillong, and other stakeholders.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Overview
|Scholarship’s Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022|
|Launched By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Beneficiaries||Students belong to the economically weaker section of the NE region|
|Official Website||Click Here|
The objective of the Ishan Uday Scholarship
The objective of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is to encourage higher studies amongst economically weaker students and to increase the enrollment ratio in the North Eastern Region. Also, UGC wants to promote vocational education in the North East region through the use of this scholarship scheme.
Benefits of the Ishan Uday Scholarship
Ishan Uday Scholarship for NER distributes a total of 10,000 scholarships to the selected students at the rate of Rs 7,800 per month every year. The scholarship amount is paid to the selected candidates through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode in their bank accounts. The number of scholarships allotted to each northeastern state is based on the population of the respective state (as per the latest census report).
Ishan Uday Scholarship amount details are given below.
- The students who are pursuing general degree courses are eligible to avail of a scholarship amount of INR 5,400 per month till the completion of their courses.
- A monthly scholarship amount of INR 7,800 is given to those selected students who are pursuing technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Important Dates for Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Last Date of Application||30/11/2022|
|Last Date for Defective Verification of the Application||15/12/2022|
|Last Date for Institute Verification of the Application||15/12/2022|
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship
Check below the complete details of Ishan Uday’s eligibility conditions-
- The applicants must have a domicile in the North-Eastern states
- The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
- The applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course.
- Transgender students are also eligible to avail the benefits of the Ishan Uday scholarship.
Those students who are pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Also, the candidates who have taken admission through the management quota or availed of any other scholarship, or pursued courses that do not lead to the award of a degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all sources.
Important Documents for Ishan Uday Scholarship
Check below the list of these documents to be uploaded while filling out the scholarship application form-
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificates issued by a competent authority
- Marksheets/ annual progress report verified by the concerned University/Institution/College, in case of renewal of the scholarship
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal
- In Applicant Corner select “Fresh Application”
- Read the instructions carefully and enter your Application Id, Password, and Captcha for Login.
- After logging in to your account select the Scholarship scheme and fill in the required details to apply for the scholarship.
- If you are a New User then click on the New Registration option.
- The instructions page will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details like entering a name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on the “Register” option.
- After registering your account you can log in and apply for the scholarship.
- After completing your application you will get a confirmation message to your registered email id & mobile number.
Renewal Application Process
- Visit the Official Portal of NSP.
- On the homepage, click on the “Renewal 2022” option given under the “Login” tab.
- On the next page, you have to fill in your data like Application ID, Password, and the code is given on that page.
- After filling in the information, candidates have to click on the “Login” tab.
- A renewal form will be displayed on your screen, enter all the information correctly and submit the form.
Check Application Status
If you want to check your application status then you have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal
- The home page will open on your screen.
- On the Homepage click on Login.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the Submit.
- The application status will be displayed on your screen
|Online Application form (Register)||Click Here|
|Application Link (Login)||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
|Download the Official Notification PDF||Click Here|
Some of the Important FAQs
Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutes?
No, Only those candidates who have domicile in the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme?
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal to or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under the ambit of the scheme.
Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared the Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either the Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No, the scheme is applicable to the students of first-year undergraduate courses including integrated courses enrolled in any University/college/institution under Sections 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC Act, including Deemed-to-be University Are included. Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, eligible to receive grants from educational institutions funded by the UGC, State/Centre, institutions of national repute, and those institutions with the AISHE code are eligible for admission.