Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana | dcs-dof.gujarat.gov.in |
The Gujarat government has started a scheme for those migrant holders of their state who do not have ration cards. The name of this scheme is Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana 2023. Under this scheme, rations will be provided to these migrants without ration cards due to the corona epidemic.
Due to the lockdown, those migrants from other states have to stay in Gujarat only. The ration will be given even if they do not have a ration card. Migrant laborers can avail of benefits through PDS shops through the scheme.
In this article, we will share all the important information related to Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana 2023 like benefits, the application process, etc. If you want to get the benefit of this scheme then read this article till the end.
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana is a very good initiative launched by the Government of Gujarat with a view to distributing free ration to all the residents in the state of Gujarat. Through the implementation of the ration scheme, many migrant workers who have come from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, or any other state in the country will be able to get food items without any precious money. Many citizens are living almost in poverty due to the loss of work.
|Name of Scheme||Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of Gujarat|
|Benefits||Free of cost Ration|
Free Food Grains to Non-Ration Card Holders
The State Government of Gujarat has launched the Anna Brahma Yojana for the migrant laborers from other states like UP, MP, Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, etc. who are currently present in the state. The scheme assumes significance in the view that before the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, many people from different states were working here as daily wage earners. But due to the COVID-19 spread, people are not allowed to work like before and migrant workers are now facing problems due to a lack of ration, essential commodities as well as money.
Accordingly, the Gujarat government has launched the Anna Brahma Yojana to provide free food grains to all those people who do not have ration cards. This Anna Brahma Yojana was launched on 4th April 2020 when the Govt. Started distributing food grains to the poor. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani had announced an Rs. 650 crore package for 65 lakh families of poor, laborers, unorganized workers, and construction workers of the state.
Incentives Under Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
The following incentives will be provided:-
- BPL families in the state will be provided Rs. 1,000 in the month of April.
- Rupee. 1.50 will be charged on the consumption of 50 units which was earlier 30 units for BPL families.
- Fixed charges on electricity bills for the month of April have been waived for small industries, factories, and MSMEs in the states.
- Financial assistance of 30 to 35 crores for gaushalas and animal ponds.
- Rs 25 per animal for April 2020 will be provided to all gaushalas and animal ponds.
- Advance allowance to pensioners including senior citizens, widows, and persons with disabilities.
- Rs 221 crore has been deposited in the bank accounts of more than 13 lakh people.
- Directed the small and big businesses and MSMEs to pay the salaries of their employees and their laborers regularly without any deduction for the entire lockdown period i.e. till 14th April 2020.
Benefits Of Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
- The main benefits provided to the residents of the state would be the availability of free food items for the migrant workers who have come from other states like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, or even Bihar.
- All the residents will be able to get food without paying any money.
- Food items will be available at the ration shop near your house.
- The government has set up 83 relief camps in the state where poor families of migrant laborers and others are getting food and shelter.
The following documents are required to get a free ration from PDS shops:-
- Aadhaar card
- Identification proof
- Certificate of migrant worker
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana Registration
There is no registration process for this scheme. If you have the correct proof that you are a migrant worker from another state, then you will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme. You will get a ration from your nearest PDS office.