CDS 2 2022 | CDS 2 2022 Exam Date | CDS 2 2022 Admit Card | CDS Syllabus | CDS Quallification | CDS Form | CDS 2o22 | CDS II | CDS previous paper |
The Official Officials of the Union Public Service Commission released the CDS Notification 2022 officially on 18th May 2022. Candidates must stay updated with the latest happenings of the Defense Services Exam to miss any important deadline. Here we will provide the complete details to help the candidates to miss any essential events.
CDS 2 2022 Application form online
UPSC releases the CDS notification twice a year in the months of December and May. UPSC conducts the CDS exam in the month of February and September. The recruitment notification of CDS will be released for around 400 vacancies each time. Aspirants should note that the number of vacancies in the notification is tentative and may be changed at any stage by the Services.
Candidates who want to serve the nation by joining the Defense Forces can start applying for the CDS Exam. In order to apply online for the CDS exam, candidates must fulfill all the eligibility requirements as prescribed by the commission. The selection of the candidates will be based on the written test followed by an interview for intelligence and personality test. Shortlisted candidates will be placed in the respective academies on the basis of preference and merit. For more details about the CDS exam check below.
What is CDS Exam?
CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Examination. It is a national-level exam that is conducted every year to recruit eligible young persons for various armed forces across India. This exam provides a great opportunity to those individuals who dream of serving the nation by being in the armed forces. UPSC CDS exam is conducted to select candidates in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Naval Academy, and Officers Training Academy.
Through this exam, both males and females can get many opportunities. Women/Girls can also apply for the CDS exam only under Officers Training Academy (OTA) posts. It is a great career path field with pride and respect. Aspirants who are interested in Defense must definitely attempt CDS 2 2022 and start their journey with one of the reputed institutes of the Indian Defense Forces.
CDS Exam Details
|Exam||Combined Defence Service (CDS)|
|Organizing by||Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)|
|Number of Vacancies||400 (approximately)|
|Selection Process||Written Test and SSB Interview|
|Official Website||Click Here|
CDS 2 2022: Number of Vacancies in Various Academy
|Academy||Course||Reserved for NCC Vacancies||Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||155th (DE) course commencing in July 2023||13||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Course commencing in July 2023 Executive (General Service)/ Hydro||3||22|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July 2023||3||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (MEN)||118th SSC (Non-Technical) (UPSC) Course commencing in October 2023||NIL||169|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (WOMEN)||32nd SSC (Non-Technical) (UPSC) Course commencing in October 2023||NIL||16|
CDS 2 2022: Exam Centre
|Sr. No.||State||Examination Center|
|7||Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|26||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|39||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
CDS 2 2022 Important Exam Date
|Events||CDS Important Dates|
|CDS 2 2022 notification release date||18th May 2022|
|online application starts||18th May 2022|
|Last date to apply online||7th June 2022|
|Admit card release date||Three weeks before the exam date (Tentative)|
|CDS 2 exam date 2022||4th September 2022|
|Result declaration||Six weeks after the conduction of the exam (Tentative)|
CDS 2 2022 Exam Syllabus Analysis
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defense Services (CDS) exam twice a year for recruitment to the Defense Forces. The CDS (I) exam was conducted on April 10, 2022.
The CDS exam consists of three sections, i.e. English Language, General Knowledge, and Mathematics(Quantitative Aptitude). The duration of each subject is two hours. The overall CDS (I) 2022 exam was rated between moderate and difficult. Let’s look at each section.
A total of 120 questions were asked for a total of 100 marks. Around 20 Synonyms and Antonyms questions were asked which are considered a bit difficult. 10 questions each of phrase rearrangement, fill in the blanks and sentence rearrangement. Around 20 questions from Reading Comprehension, which were moderated. Candidates also got 20 questions on Error Detection which were tough. After analyzing the paper, more than 60 attempts in English will make your chances bright.
The questions were from History, Geography, Economy and Politics. The candidates also found that the current affairs questions are easy. However, 27 questions from General Science are moderate. One who has attempted more than 84 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
This section has 100 questions of one mark each. Around 20 questions came from Number System. Geometry, and Area and Perimeter questions were easy. The test takers also got questions from Trigonometry, Statistics, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Percentage, and Data Interpretation. The candidates who have attempted more than 55 questions can be said to have made a good attempt.
Important Instructions for CDS Registration
Candidates must keep this essential information in mind in order to successfully submit the CDS online form 2022. Take a look at the points illustrated with it.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of their signature and photograph. JPG format of the scanned photograph should be submitted first.
- For greater visibility, you should scan your signature, which is written on white paper using a black ink pen. Each scanned image of the photograph/signature should not be larger than 300 kb and smaller than 20 kb.
- The minimum and maximum resolutions for photograph and signature are 350 pixels (width) * 350 pixels (height) for the former and 1000 pixels (width) * 1000 pixels (height) for the latter. Also, please double-check that the photo and signature provided are legible.
- The photo ID document should be in PDF format. A PDF size should not exceed 300 KB and should not be less than 20 KB.
CDS Registration 2022
Check the details below to register-:
Firstly, in order to register the candidates have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by the authorities.
The eligibility criteria are given below-:
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit as per the prescribed physical standards for admission to CDS 2022
- The concessions are not applicable to Air Force Height and Weight standards and are mentioned in the official notification for Army and Navy only. Interpolation for weights against the height not mentioned may be done.
- Permanent body tattoos are permitted only on the inner face of the forearm, ie from the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the back side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be debarred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body will be allowed on a case-by-case basis as per their existing customs and traditions.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn from any Armed Forces Training Academy due to disciplinary reasons is not eligible to apply.
- For IMA & Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognized University or Equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognized University (with Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 Level) or Bachelor or Engineering.
- Candidates should have details of one photo identity card such as the Aadhaar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ any other ID card issued by the State/Central Government. The details on the ID card are required to fill up the CDS online application form.
- Aspirants are also advised to keep the scanned copy of the photo ID ready for uploading. The same photo ID card is required until the final selection.
To be eligible for CDS Exam 2022, a candidate must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 01, 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Candidates with the first choice of Army/Navy/Air Force have to produce proof of graduation/provisional certificate in SSB on the date of commencement of the SSB interview.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester degree course and not yet qualified final year degree examination can also apply provided the candidate should not have any backlog till the last semester/year of which The results have been declared for To submission of the application and they have to produce the proof of having passed the degree examination at the time of commencement of the course.
Age Limit :
- IMA – Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1999 & not later than 1st July 2004 only are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy – Male candidates born not earlier than 2 July 1999 and not later than 1 July 2004 are only eligible.
- Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2023 born not earlier than 2nd July 1999 and not later than 1st July 2003 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2003 only are eligible.
- Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) Male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1998 and not later than 1st July 2004 are only eligible.
- Officers Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, uncontested widows who have not remarried, and issue divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should not be born earlier than 02 July 1998 and not later than 1 July 2004.
Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not allowed during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply, but during the training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family outside the campus.
Male divorced/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried males for the purpose of admission to IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses, and accordingly, they are not eligible for these courses.
How to Fill CDS Application Form Online?
CDS 2 2022 Registration (Part 1)
Get here detailed steps to apply online which must be followed for successful submission of the online form. You need to fill in the exact details in the CDS form to avoid facing last-minute hassle.
- first, you have to visit the Official Website.
- The home page will appear on your screen.
- On the Homepage, Click on the option “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC“
- To register for the CDS exam, click on the Part 1 link.
- To apply for CDS online, enter your personal information, address, and educational qualification.
- Candidates also have to select their desired branch.
- Before submitting the registration form, the candidate should double-check the information for errors.
- Registration ID is generated after a successful registration.
CDS 2 2022 Registration (Part 2)
- Candidates have to use the registration ID created for completing Part II of the UPSC CDS Application Form.
- Female, SC, and ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fee, which is Rs 200 for General and OBC male candidates.
- Fee Payment: The examination fee can be paid in cash, credit card, debit card, or net banking.
CDS Application Fee Payment 2022
Candidates are required to pay the application fee along with the form. Detailed information is given below to get the complete details of the CDS application fee.
- A candidate has to pay INR 200 as a UPSC CDS application fee.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through SBI Net Banking, in cash through SBI Bank Challan, or online through Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Candidates should take a printout of the online generated challan after completing the registration process to pay the fee in cash.
- After 24 hours of challan generation, candidates need to visit the nearest SBI branch to deposit the fees.
The option to pay in cash is disabled a day before the exam. Applicants who have generated their pay-in-slip before deactivation, however, can make the payment at the SBI branch counter during business hours on the last date of application.
CDS Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates must keep attempting the previous year’s papers along with regular preparation for CDS Exam 2022. It helps the candidates to understand the approach to solving the question paper in real time.
|Subject||Previous Year’s Qustion Paper||Answer keys|
|Mathematics||Click Here||Click Here|
|General Knowledge||Click Here||Click Here|
|English||Click Here||Click Here|