Arogya Lakshmi Scheme | www.wdcw.tg.nic.in |
There are many women across the country who are malnourished during pregnancy and scientific evidence confirms that the effects of malnutrition do not change even after 2 to 3 years. Keeping this in mind, a scheme has been started by the Government of Telangana, the name of this scheme is Arogya Lakshmi Scheme.
Through this scheme, balanced food will be provided to pregnant and lactating women. In this article, we will share all the important information related to this scheme like scheme benefits, features, eligibility, documents required, the application process, implementation, etc.
If you want to take advantage of Arogya Laxmi Yojana and want to get information related to it, then read this article very carefully till the end.
Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
Through the Arogya Lakshmi Yojana launched by the Telangana government, pregnant and lactating women will be provided iron and folic acid tablets as well as full meals at Anganwadi centers. Spot feeding of food will be ensured through this scheme. The Government of Telangana launched this scheme on 1st January 2013.
The scheme will be implemented through 31897 Main Anganwadi Centers and 4076 Mini Anganwadi Centers in the state. A complete meal would include rice, pulses with leafy vegetables/sambar, vegetables for at least 25 days, boiled egg, and 200 ml milk for 30 days in a month.
This meal will provide 40% to 45% of the daily calories and 40% to 45% of the protein and calcium requirements per day. Children from 7 months to 3 years will be given 16 eggs per month and children from 3 to 6 years will be given 30 eggs per month.
|Name Of The Scheme||Arogya Lakshmi Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of Telangana|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of Telangana|
|Objective||To Prevent Malnutrition Among Pregnant And Lactating Women|
The objective of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
The main objective of Arogya Laxmi Yojana is to prevent malnutrition among pregnant and lactating women. Through this scheme, pregnant and lactating women will be provided a full meal at the Anganwadi center to meet their nutritional needs. This scheme will also remove anemia in women.
Apart from this, the incidence of underweight children and malnutrition among children will also be controlled through this scheme. The scheme will also provide health check-ups and vaccination facilities to pregnant and lactating women.
Infant mortality rate and maternal mortality rates will also decrease through Arogya Lakshmi Yojana.
Benefits of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
- Pregnant and lactating women will provide one full meal at the Anganwadi center along with iron and folic acid tablets.
- This scheme will be implemented through 31897 main Anganwadi centers and 4076 mini Anganwadi centers in the state.
- A full diet committee will be constituted to implement the scheme
- Spot feeding of the meal will be ensured through this scheme.
- Preventing malnutrition in pregnant and lactating women through this scheme.
- Through this scheme, the low birth rate and death rate of infants and children below 6 years will be reduced.
Implementation And Monitoring Of Arogya Lakshmi
- Anganwadi and ASHA workers will identify a target group
- Beneficiary registration will be done soon through Anganwadi and Asha workers in Anganwadi centers
- Anganwadi workers will go door-to-door surveys and identify the target group and make a list
- MCP cards will be issued to all the beneficiaries during Village Health and Nutrition Day
- Necessary awareness will be given regarding this scheme
- All the beneficiaries at Anganwadi centers will be mobilized to provide one time full meal as well as other health and nutrition services.
- A full meal will be provided at the Anganwadi center for 25 days
- 30 eggs will be served per month
- Will be fed milk for 25 days
- And for the next 5 days, milk will be served in the form of curd along with rice and lentils during meals.
- Anganwadi assistant will cook and serve food in the center
- In the absence of Anganwadi Sahayika, the person identified by the ALMSC will cook the food.
- The government is going to issue a permanent advance of Rs 1500 to all Anganwadi workers at the beginning of the program.
- This amount will be released by the 5th of every month
- Anganwadi level monitoring and assistance committee will decide the menu according to the local conditions
- Iron and folic acid tablets will be made available to the beneficiaries
- All pregnant and lactating women will be monitored and increased every month
- In addition, the birth weight of the newborn will be recorded in the NSP card and register.
Members Of One Full Meal Committee
A monitoring and assistance committee will be constituted at the Anganwadi level, which will implement the scheme. There will be 11 members of this committee. The members of this committee are as follows:-
- Anganwadi workers
- Sarpanch and ward member preferably a woman
- Parents of preschool children
- Sakhi under Sabla program/adolescent girl
- 2 representatives from the village organization.
Responsibilities Of Full Meal Committee
- Meet once a month on the first Nutrition Health Day
- Creating awareness about a complete feeding program
- Ensuring demand and supply of food grains
- Identifying Milk Vendors
- Bringing all eligible beneficiaries to Anganwadi centers
- Spot feeding menu and fixing time
- Ensuring attendance, quality, cleanliness, and other aspects of the program
- Verification of attendance register of Anganwadi centers
- To ensure that no beneficiary takes home or allows any other family member to consume.
- A meeting will be organized between the Anganwadi level monitoring and assistance committee, project level monitoring committee and district level monitoring committee and review committee, Anganwadi worker supervisor, etc. to discuss the implementation of the scheme.
- Training and awareness campaigns will also be conducted under this scheme.
- Monitoring of the program at regular time intervals, training, capacity building, communication, community mobilization, and service delivery will be ensured.
- At least 2 NGOs will be involved in each district for the implementation of this scheme
- The program will be reviewed by the district-level monitoring and review committee of 1 Cine Portal BE ICDS.
- If there is any food gap or poor quality of food material then the CDPO and Supervisor of that particular project will be held responsible and action will be initiated.
- The State Level Monitoring Officer from the Head of the Department is responsible for inspecting at least 5 projects and 15 Anganwadi centers in a month in his allotted district.
- ICDS will also monitor and supervise the functionaries of the program.
Menu Of One Full Meal Under Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
|Day||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||Item 5|
|Day1||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||–||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 2||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 3||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||Egg Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 4||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 5||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 6||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
Food Model For Spot Feeding Under Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
|Item||Quantity per day||Tentative Cost per day (Rs.)||Energy (kcal)||Protein (g)||Calcium (mg)|
|Dal (Red Gram)||30g||2.55||104.40||7.25||22.50|
|Milk (30 Days) (@ Rs.5.6 per day)||200 ml||9.85||273.00||10.03||490.00|
|Egg (30 Eggs) (@ Rs.3.5 per day)||1 No. (50 g)||4.20||100.92||7.76||35,00|
|Vegetables (Leafy Vegetables, Potato, Onion, Beans, etc.)||50 g||1.50||52.50||1.80||16.06|
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Telangana.
- Applicant must be pregnant or lactating.
What are the Required Documents?
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Proof of age
- Proof of income
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email ID
How to Apply Online?
- First, visit the Official Website of the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare, Government of Telangana.
- The home page will open.
- On the homepage click on Apply under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Enter all the required information in this application form
- Now upload all the required documents
- After that click on submit
- By following this procedure and you can apply under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme
How To Apply Through Anganwadi Centre?
- Go to your nearest Anganwadi center
- Ask for the Arogya Lakshmi application form
- Fill in all the required information in this application form
- Attach all the required documents to the application form
- Now submit this form to the Anganwadi center
- By following this procedure you can apply under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme through the Anganwadi center.
View Contact Details
- Visit the Official Website of the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare, Government of Telangana
- The home page will open.
- On the homepage, click on contact us.
- A new page will open
- On this new page, you can see contact details.
Some Important FAQs
What is the Arogya Lakshmi scheme in Telangana?
Telangana government provides one nutritious meal every day to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centers. The scheme was launched officially on January 1, 2015, by Honourable Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao.
What are the services provided under the Arogya Lakshmi scheme?
Along with the ‘one meal’, women are periodically monitored for weight, and are given iron/folic acid (IFA) tablets; they are also provided counseling by the AWW. ‘Spot feeding’ is a unique characteristic of the Arogya Lakshmi program, and it ensures the food is consumed by the beneficiaries at the center.