AFCAT Application 2022 | AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern | AFCAT 2022 Exam Syllabus | AFCAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria |
The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the online written test and interview round conducted by Air Force Selection Board (AFSB).
There will be a total of 100 questions, which will be divided into four sections – General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning, and Military Aptitude Test. After the written test, candidates will be shortlisted for AFSB Test and Medical Test.
AFCAT Application 2022
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the air force of the Indian Armed Forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth among the world’s air forces. Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict. It was officially established on 8 October 1932 as the Auxiliary Air Force of the British Empire, which honored India’s aviation service with the prefix Royal during World War II.
Candidates who want to make their career in this field must read this article thoroughly. We will share all the related important information like exam patterns, syllabus, eligibility criteria, etc. Candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch are required to give AFCAT CBT Exam and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
AFCAT 2022 Key-Highlights
|Exam’s Name||Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)|
|Organization||Indian Air Force|
|Conducted By||Air Force Selection Board (AFSB)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Official Website||Click Here|
The candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the conducting authorities. AFCAT eligibility criteria are discussed briefly in the following section:
- At the time of commencement of application, the candidate must be less than 25 years of age and must be unmarried.
- Divorced and Widows/Widowers below 25 years of age are also not eligible to appear in this exam.
- Married candidates above the age of 25 years are not allowed to stay with the family during the training period.
The educational qualification required is different for different posts. IAF set educational criteria for various branches. Check AFCAT Educational Qualification in the table given below-:
|Ground Duty (Technical Branch)||Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)||Passed 10+2 degrees with an aggregate of 60 percent each in Mathematics and Physics and four years’ degree in Technology/Engineering.
Cleared Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
Telecommunication Engineers or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics with 60% in disciplines specified by the authority of the examination.
|Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)||Candidates must have a 10+2-degree certificate with an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics and an integrated post-graduation/degree in Technology/Engineering.
Cleared sections A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies or Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) with minimum aggregate marks of 60 %
Equivalent in certain disciplines as prescribed by IAF
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 60%.
Administration: Cleared section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India
Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) from a recognized university with an aggregate of 60%
The upper age limit varies with the rank and caste category of the candidates. The table below gives a brief idea of the various AFCAT age limit for various posts.
|Flying Branch||Candidates should be between 20 and 24 years.
Candidates having a Commercial Pilot License are relaxed up to 26 years as its upper age limit.
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical and Technical)||20 – 26 years for the Unreserved category.|
Candidates can check the AFCAT Syllabus in the table given below-:
|Quantitative Aptitude (Numerical Ability)||Time and Work, Decimal Fraction, Profit and Loss, Percentage, etc.|
|General Knowledge||History, Civics, Geography, Politics, Art, Culture, Sports, Defence, Basic Science, Environment, Current Affairs|
|English||Comprehension, Error Detection, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases, Synonyms|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude||Spatial Ability, Verbal Ability, Simple Interest Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, etc.|
AFCAT Exam Pattern is established by the conducting athorities. Applicants must check the details given below:
|Exam||Section||Exam Duration||Number of Question||Marks|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability and Military Aptitude Test||2 hours||100||300|
|EKT||Fundamental Engineering, Specialization Topics, Allied Engineering||45min||50||150|
- There are two sections:
- Section I: 100 Questions
- Section II: 50 Questions
- Each question carries 3 marks and there is a negative marking of -1 for each wrong answer.
- The maximum marks allotted for AFCAT exam is 300.
- The question paper of EKT will be of total 150 marks.
- Candidates will have to appear for Online CBT AFCAT in person. Under no circumstances, any other candidate is allowed to assist/appear in the examination
You will need the following Required documents for AFCAT
- Aadhaar Card
- Marksheets of 10+2 level and integrated post graduation/graduation/diploma certificate
- Scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impression of the left hand.
How to Apply For AFCAT
Eligible candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to complete the AFCAT 2022 registration and application process-:
- Visit the official website of Indian Air Force.
- A homepage will open on your screen.
- Go to the ‘Career’ tab on the homepage.
- Click on the section – ‘Candidate Login’.
- A new web page will appear on the screen. Fill the registration details which include – E-mail ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- Click ‘Submit’ below.
- A new AFCAT Registration ID and Password will be sent to the registered email address.
Candidate should save their registered email id and phone number for the complete selection process.
- Login with the credentials and fill the AFCAT Application Form.
- Select the branch preference, AFCAT exam centre, subject for EKT exam, etc.
- Upload your signature and photograph (as per the dimensions given in the notification).
- Submit the application form and save the confirmation page.
The application fee will be paid through online mode only. Here are the application fee details mentioned in the table below-:
- AFCAT Entry- INR 250/- (For All Category Candidates)
- NCC Special Entry- NA